Thoughts. Artwork. Creativity.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Colorization – Weekly Photoshop Challenge

Above is my piece for this week's Weekly Photoshop Challenge, "Colorization." I added color by using the quick mask to make my selections, created new layers for each of the different colored elements, set my layer mode to "Color"...and, simply painted with a brush. I then created a matte and frame, and then added in the shadows behind the image so it looks like the image is hanging on the wall. Voila!

Here is the image prior to adding color:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Wow! I love this!!! It is so rich and vibrant! How do you get the frame/mat effect? What a great idea!

I had fun with this challenge! Thanks!!

Tammy
tamberstone.blogspot.com

9:40 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea - I love how you colorized this image. Probably looks much better than the original color photo - GRIN. I also love you iPunk image of your daughter below. My daughter also loves hot topic but she doesn't have any cool punk pants yet. GRIN.

12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home